FBO Flourish Account Terms
Flourish offers the Services for a FBO Flourish Account as a program manager and service provider of our bank partner(s), including without limitation Evolve Bank & Trust, member FDIC (each, a "Bank" and together, the “Banks”). The Bank sponsors these Services, and we operate at the Bank’s direction and subject to its oversight and supervision. The Bank has authorized these Terms and, where so stated expressly, has agreed to be bound by them. For our compliance purposes and in order to provide the Services to you, you hereby authorize us to, directly or through a third-party, obtain, verify, and record information and documentation that helps us verify your identity and External Account information. When you register for the Services and from time to time thereafter, we may require you to provide and/or confirm information and documentation that will allow us to identify you, such as:
- A copy of your government-issued photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s license;
- A copy of a utility bill, bank statement, affidavit, or other bill, dated within three months of our request, with your name and U.S. street address on it; and
- Such other information and documentation that we may require from time to time.
The purpose of the Services is to try to help you save. You select the amount you want to transfer and/or recurring amount to save from your External Account. You may choose to periodically transfer such funds from your External Account to your Flourish Account(s) via ACH. Only funds from your External Account may be transferred to your Flourish Account(s). The funds in your Flourish Account(s) are held at FDIC-insured Banks for your benefit. Our Services also encourage users to participate in savings-related activities, by offering promotions and sweepstakes that incentivize certain savings activities. Your funds will remain in your Flourish Account(s) until you instruct us to transfer any or all of your funds from your Flourish Account(s) to your External Account by logging into your Flourish Account(s) on the App, or by emailing us. We will generally transfer the requested funds from your Flourish Account(s) to your External Account within two business days of when we receive your request. It is important to know the amount of available funds in your Flourish Account(s) before instructing us to transfer funds from your Flourish Account(s). If you do not have sufficient available funds in your Flourish Account(s) to cover the amount of the requested transfer, your request for the transfer will be declined. We may also transfer funds from your Flourish Account(s) to your External Account without notice to you upon the closure of your Flourish Account(s) and at any time if required by applicable law or if we, in our sole discretion, suspect the Services are being used for illicit purposes or otherwise in violation of these Terms. You may not use the funds in your Flourish Account(s) to make purchases, withdraw cash, or for any other purpose outside of those available through Flourish’s Application. You are solely responsible for determining whether the funds debited from your External Account and the funds maintained in your Flourish Account(s) are acceptable to you. We are not responsible for any third-party fees that may be incurred as a result of using the Services, including, but not limited to, third-party fees incurred as a result of maintaining insufficient funds in your External Account.
By opening a FBO Account, you authorize us to hold your deposits in a FBO Account at Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC. For purposes of applicable FDIC deposit insurance limitations, please note that deposits in Evolve Bank & Trust FBO Accounts may not be separately insured from any other deposit accounts you may have with Evolve Bank & Trust.
You may be eligible to earn interest on your Flourish Savings Account(s) at a rate determined by Flourish. As such, you irrevocably transfer and assign to Flourish any and all rights that you may have to any interest that may accrue on funds held in your Flourish Savings Account(s). This assignment applies only to interest earned on the funds held in your Flourish Account(s), and nothing in these Terms grants Flourish any rights to the principal of the funds held in your Flourish Account(s).
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Bank services are provided through our banking software provider, SynapseFI. To report a complaint relating to the bank services, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosure Statement
The following disclosures are made in accordance with the federal law regarding electronic payments, deposits, transfers of funds and other electronic transfers to and from your FBOFlourish Account(s). There may be limitations on account activity that restrict your ability to make electronic fund transfers. Any such limits are disclosed in the appropriate agreements governing your account.
- a) Definitions: Electronic Fund Transfer: Any transfer of funds, other than a transaction originated by check, draft or similar paper instrument, that is initiated through an electronic device or computer to instruct us to debit or credit an account. Electronic Fund Transfers include such electronic transactions as direct deposits or withdrawals of funds, transfers initiated via telephone, website or mobile application. Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer: An Electronic Fund Transfer that you have authorized in advance to recur at substantially regular intervals; for example, direct deposits into or withdrawal of funds out of your account.
- b) Your Liability: Authorized Transfers: You are liable for all Electronic Fund Transfers that you authorize, whether directly or indirectly. Unauthorized Transfers: Tell us at once if you believe your Flourish Account or access information is lost or stolen or has been or may be subject to unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfers. Support message us immediately to keep your possible losses to a minimum. You could lose all the money in your account(s). If you tell us within two (2) business days after learning of the loss or theft of your account access device, or after learning of any other unauthorized transfers from your account involving your account access device, you can lose no more than $50 if Electronic Fund.
Errors or Questions about Transactions. Please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com (1) if you believe a transaction receipt or a statement is wrong, or (2) if you need more information about a transaction on the receipt or statement. For consumer accounts, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. Flourish Savings will investigate promptly and shall determine whether an error occurred.
For consumer accounts, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. Flourish Savings will investigate promptly and shall determine whether an error occurred according to the time periods set out below.
Ten-Day Time Period – Flourish Savings will investigate promptly and, except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, shall determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days of receiving a notice of error. Flourish Savings shall report the results to the consumer in writing within three business days after completing its investigation. shall correct the error within one business day after determining that an error occurred.
Forty Five-Day Time Period - If Flourish Savings is unable to complete its investigation within 10 business days, Flourish Savings may take up to 45 days from receipt of a notice of error to investigate and determine whether an error occurred, provided Flourish Savings does the
(1) Flourish Savings does not receive written confirmation within 10 business days of an oral notice of error; or
(2) The alleged error involves an account that is subject to Regulation T (Securities Credit by Brokers and Dealers, 12 CFR part 220)
Extension of time periods. The time periods described above may be extended as follows: